Sunday, July 02, 2006

Playyyyyy ball!

Went to my first Padres game last week and watched the local team beat the Oakland A's 3-0.

Being a typical Southern college football nut, I'm pretty much a pro-baseball novice (I'd previously been to three Astros games and one S.F. Giants game). But I really enjoyed myself and can easily imagine seeing more of the Padres.

Our seats were sweet - just behind third base at the bottom of the stadium's second tier.

PETCO Park is only a few years old and has been hailed for incorporating a historic brick warehouse into its design. Up close, the stadium is quite nice - lots of landscaped terraces, open-air walking spaces and even a few water features. But outside from a distance, the stadium looks more like a parking garage than a sports venue.

No comments: