Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter Wonderland

Tim and I were among the thousands of San Diegans who headed an hour east of the city Saturday to frolic in the two-plus feet of snow that fell in the mountains a few days earlier.

Luckily, we arrived at Mount Laguna a few hours before the California Highway Patrol halted traffic to the peak because too many motorists were on the mountain's single road.
The scenes were breathtaking. I was in heaven because I'm a snow freak and it was my first time to see more than a few inches of the white stuff. Another plus was getting to wear my spiffy new snow boots. Where have these been all of my life. They really work!
As usual, click on any pic to view it full size.
Tim and I got a good cardio workout hiking up and down hills through deep, powdery drifts.

The snow was equally deep at Lake Cuyamaca where Tim and I camped just a few weeks ago.We ended the day in Julian where we had pie (apple pumpkin and strawberry rhubarb) and coffee.

Frosty was having no luck hitching a ride back to the beach.
Weather forecasters are predicting more snow on Monday and Wednesday. That probably mean I'll feel compelled to drive to the mountains again on Thursday to make it an official white Christmas.

2 comments:

Zoya said...

It is much prettier in pictures when you don't have to shovel the stuff. We are opting to leave the white cold stuff for the white sandy stuff in Hawaii, so still a white christmas, just alot warmer.

KleoPatra said...

GREAT STUFF!!!