Thursday, February 23, 2006

Breakfast with the T.P.

It's the little things in life that make a difference.

For the first time in six months I opened my front door and found the latest edition of The Times-Picayune waiting for me. The last time I did that was on the Sunday morning before Hurricane Katrina made land fall.

This might sound strange coming from someone who works at the T.P., but I haven't read much of the newspaper since the storm. I typically haven't seen the paper until I get to work and, once there, I only have time to scan the front pages of the sections. By the time I get home at night, I'm tired and busy with other things.

Like all other businesses in the city, the T.P. has had a big problem replacing the newspaper delivery people who didn't return after the storm.

1 comment:

butterflygirl said...

That is great to hear. You are so right that it is the little things that make a difference.