Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Prime time disaster tours from the comfort of your couch

So you've been wanting to see the worst of the devastated neighborhoods in New Orleans but haven't had enough time or energy to venture beyond the couch in your living room.

No problem. The local cable television company is broadcasting still-image slide shows for hours at a time on several local access channels. No kidding.

For those who don't believe me, I've posted images that I took from the channels.

I still haven't figured out what kind of person would sit in front of a TV and watch hour after hour of pictures of wrecked, flooded houses and streets.

Then again, who am I to judge. Many of my friends think I'm pretty weird for watching the Weather Channel like other people watch CNN.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In Back to the Future Part II, cable has "progressed" to the point where there's a Scenery Channel in 2015. Apparently, however, the future is now.