Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Biz trip to L.A.

I took the Amtrak Surfliner from San Diego to L.A. Monday to cover a meeting on cross-border health insurance.

I love taking this train. It cost as little as $50 (not much more than what you would spend on gas driving). It only takes three hours. And power outlets next to the seats let you use computers or charge phones during the trip.
The overcast weather pretty much ruined my view of the coastal towns and beaches along the route, but I was able to snap this pic of Angel Stadium in Anaheim.
City Hall in downtown L.A.
Caltrans' (California Department of Transportation) $165 million district building designed by Thom Mayne.
Home of the Los Angeles Times.
Little Tokyo . . .
Where I had a yummy lunch.The Japanese American National Museum.
The post office.
My multi-national snack on the return trip home. Beats airline pretzels.

No comments: