Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday hike

I've lost about 15 pounds dieting over the last two months and I'm determined to keep them off - at least until September when I visit Louisiana and gorge on fried seafood.
I also want to explore more of San Diego County on foot. That's why I'm starting to do a weekly weekend hike.

My first happened this morning when I headed to the top of Cowles Mountain, the highest point in San Diego on the east side of the city. Click on the map for a larger version.
This was the view from the peak looking west toward downtown and the Pacific Ocean. A thick marine layer hid much of the distant scenery.
I made the climb with Tom, an old friend from New Orleans who moved out here years ago. The route was pretty easy to cover, and it took about 30 minutes each way.

1 comment:

KleoPatra said...

Cowles!! My hangout. Let me know if you want to climb it with me sometime. i live uber close to it!