Sunday, February 04, 2007

New York deep freeze

Burrrrrrrrrrrr! The temperature was hovering around 18 degrees (F) - with a wind chill near ZERO - when I arrived at Union Square (above) Sunday morning. My journalism conference spent the day at an innovative non-profit health insurance plan headquartered a block off the square.

It wasn't very crowded on the No. 4 subway train when I boarded at Grand Central Station.

At the end of the day's sessions, I decided to walk the 28 blocks back to the hotel down Park Avenue.

Did I mention the cold!?!

The high barely hit 25. But it's only going to get worse. The low tonight is 12.

Meanwhile, the temperature hit a balmy 75 today back in sunny San Diego.



I'm in New York until Tuesday when I fly to London to meet Rex for some vacation time. He's been in the U.K. since Tuesday. Check out his blog here for the latest on his London adventures.

No comments: